The “Clonex Express” – Restoring a 1955 Ford Panel Truck
The “Clonex Express” is a fully restored 1955 Ford Panel truck.
Taking two years to complete, the “Ground Up Restoration” of the Clonex Express included not only the repair or replacement of the Ford panel truck parts that can be seen – the body, trim, chrome, wheels, and the passenger compartment – but also the components that are not necessarily visible or otherwise evident, including the engine and engine compartment, trunk, frame, driveline, and all ancillary parts like the brakes, accessories, engine cooling system, electrical system, etc.
The complete “Ground Up Restoration” was done in-house by our talented HDI staff. A special thanks to Ray Garcia, veteran employee of over 20 years.
Below is a list of some of the components that were used in the restoration of the Clonex Express, a 1955 Ford panel truck.
- 355 Chevy small block (GM 350 – 4bolt main)
- 547 Horse Power (balanced, synchronized, and dynoed)
- Double keyed Eagle cast steel crank
- Eagle rods
- Competition Cams hydraulic roller cam and lifters
- Forged 8:1 Compression Blower pistons
- Polished 202/160 64cc Aluminum Heads
- SST Roller rockers
- Polished 671 Supercharger with Funnycar belt guard
- Two 750 cfm Edelbrock Performance Carburetors
- Hilborn polished scoop + matching oil pan
- Mallory distributor
- Custom HDI valve covers
- Competition cams timing chain Summit Street and strip 8.5mm wiring
- Holley fuel pump + bypass regulator
- Hedman Street Rod block hugger hedders
- Patriot exhaust
- Nitrous Oxide 250 horse power cheater system
- Custom built Fatman with 2” x 6” x .188” boxed rails
- Notched rear rails with 4 link suspension
- Ford 9” rear end shortened 7.5”
- Mustang II front end with polished SST tubular control arms
- Power rack and pinion with G-tech tie rod ends
- Billet Specialties wheels with matching steering wheel
- Street Lite double bead lock racing wheels
- Hoosier Tire DOT slicks and skinnies